Wednesday 11 April 2012

DC Batgirl Bishoujo Figure

A couple of weeks ago I received Batgirl, and I haven't had a chance to give her a bit of a review.

Alright so when I opened her up, I didn't need to assemble anything, she was ready to go! She stands tall and fierce. Out of the box she certainly makes a statement. She has a determined look on her face that demands your attention, and large flowing cape you just can't miss!


 What I really like about this figure is the nice mix between an almost metallic mat grey, and the shiny black of her costume. She's a really dark figure, and it would have been too much to make her all black!


Batgirl's cape blowing in the breeze!
Nice use of mat and shiny.
One small thing to note is her base matches that of the other Gotham girls in the Bishoujo collection. I only noticed the trend when I received Batgirl. Nice touch Kotobukiya. I find it a little strange that both Batgirl and Catwoman have gargoyle bases, but nothing that puts me off. They're both different.

Detailed Gargoyle on the base.

What makes her quite big to display is that cape.
The cape is stunning, natural flowing and lots of folds to look real.
Possibly one of the only things about this figure that bugs me is her hair. It's nice and flowing like all the other figures, except for some reason it's shiny!
Batgirl is the only figure I own in the bishoujo range with shiny hair. I don't know if it was too tricky to make it another way, but (to me) it stands out. She looks like she's used too much gel, or it's wet. I'm not sold. This certainly wouldn't stop me from purchasing the figure however.

Why shiny hair Kotobukiya?
Lots of small bat details that are done really well. (Boots, belt etc)
Behind :3
The gold pops nicely. I love the gold under the cape, it keeps the figure looking interesting from the back. (Other than her bum, there's not a lot going on otherwise!)
Her whole costume has nice folds in it, all in the right places to keep it looking natural, and not too "body painted."

Bright blue eyes!
Night time in Gotham.
I wish I could take better shots of Batgirl at night, but my poor camera can't hack it. She'd be so perfect with a night shot to show her off. I did manage to get the one photo that came out alright though!
Over all I really like this figure. She has nice details, different "materials" used for her clothes, and the gold is stand out! You really won't be disappointed with this figure. Now the wait for Harley Quinn begins!

Original concept art by Shunya Yamashita

No comments:

Post a Comment