Sunday 13 May 2012

Marvel Emma Frost Bishoujo Figures

I've had the limited edition diamond Emma Frost Bishoujo figure for some time now, but I couldn't resist. I found one of the normal versions of Emma for cheap enough, so I added her to my collection. This is the only bishoujo figure I have both options for. They're so different though, and I couldn't have one and not the other.


Diamond Edition Emma Frost
I'll start with the limited diamond edition of Emma first. What I was drawn to with this figure is how they've used the clear plastic to represent her using her powers. I think you may not see her facial features as well, but she stands out from the other figures because of it.

Normal Version of Emma Frost
Now you see with the normal version, she looks a lot like the other girls in the bishoujo range. She has a bit of a determined look on her face, which fits with the pose. You could imagine her walking into battle like this!

Same size, same pose.
Other than skin and hair colour, the figures are pretty much the same. There are a few minor changes with the paint, but nothing that really stands out when you have them side by side.
I think the diamond edition has a slightly lighter base in the middle. Very minor though.

Follow the leader!
Really not a lot of difference side by side. Because of her wide stance and hand to the front, she actually takes up a bit more room than you'd think!


Nice flowing cape and hair give the figures nice movement! One thing I've noticed is her boots and pants seem to be made of the same material lol! I know she's supposed to be in all white, but maybe a mat paint job vs a shiny paint job could have given it more depth.

Emma VS Emma!
I think the X badge on the front is a little bulky, but I'm being picky.
The diamond edition looks very cool in the light!
From some angles her lips can look a little funny when photographing.
You can see a bit of a joining line on the inside of her stomach, but it's not obvious (I think the light was showing it up more here)
I'm not disappointed with either of these figures, I'm glad I was able to get both (it would have bugged me if I didn't get the normal version!) I still couldn't tell you which one is my favorite. The diamond edition makes a statement, but you don't get the facial features and softness of the normal version. I think you can still pick up the diamond edition for pretty cheap, but the normal version is hard to come by.
She's not an overly large figure, so don't drop a lot of cash if you're unsure about the figure.
(sizes)

I'll try and upload more, I'm really lagging behind on reviewing!

Original Shunya Yamashita artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment