Monday 4 June 2012

Soryu Asuka Langley by Yamato

Earlier on the the year I purchased Asuka Langley. When she arrived I was blown away with the detail of the figure! It surprised me because I had her next to a version of a matching Rei figure, I now believe is a bootleg. That then prompted me to buy a new version of Rei which I reviewed in my last blog.

So, onto Asuka.

What you get in the box.

When she arrives and you get her out of the box, check in the back of the box (between the blue background and the outer box.) I had this figure for months before realizing she comes with a bonus card with artwork from Shunya Yamashita on it! Lucky I keep my boxes!

She has tons of little details on her redesigned plugsuit.
Asuka stands 25-26cm tall and is 1/6 scale. She was released after Rei Version 2 by Yamato, so you can still find her on sale from stores, and isn't as expensive as Rei at the moment to pick up on Ebay. Sculpted by the talented Mitsumasa Yoshizawa.
Lots of sexy, shiny red!
She's very well painted, I don't think there's even one spot out of place! Her eyes are nice, and has no derp happening. She has a cute smile, and looks carefree! I think they've done a good job of keeping the personalities of the original characters with Asuka and Rei.

Her lips have a nice little touch of shine!
Let's look at her from all angles:

Asuka has high heals on!
Swimsuit style plugsuit redesign, different to Rei's very short dress plugsuit.

Long legs!
Her hair is really nicely done. Almost looks like she's doing a bit of a spin!
Nice detail on the top of the stockings where they sit tight on the skin.

From all the different angles, I think shes a bit more interesting than Rei, I think just with the sidewards pose.
With all her fire engine red, she certainly stands out too!

Nice hair details! Also, bum :3
Cheeky!
She has a nicely sculpted bum. Realistic looking enough. Not too big, or too small. 

A few more shots, just because! :D

So photogenic, just like Rei!

Sometimes I feel like the pose is a bit awkward, I think it's her leg that's lifted. But really this is a pretty minor thing. 
I saw another review of her that said she was difficult to display due to the pose, but I've had no problems. She isn't designed to be displayed front on. I usually have her at a slight angle. And she looks so cool, especially next to Rei! (I'll do a separate blog for photos of the figures together.) EDIT: More photos here.

If you're a fan of Shunya Yamashita and Evangelion, you're sure to love this figure! I can't rate this figure high enough! I love her!

Original Shunya Yamashita artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment